The European Commission is making a transition from the old Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC to the “New Legislative Framework” (NLF)2, in particular to Decision No 768/2008/EC3 as well as to the provisions of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) after the Treaty of Lisbon.
The changes are quite limited, and do not concern the most substantial characteristics of the act. The main changes in the new Directive 2014/35/EU with respect to the previous Directive 2006/35/EC are the following:
- Reference number: according to the model YYYY / No / UE
- Definitions: horizontal additions from the NLF
- Economic operators (manufacturers, authorised representatives, importers, distributors) and their obligations: more detailed descriptions from the NLF
- Harmonised standards and presumption of conformity: reference to Regulation (EU) No 1025/2012 on European Standardisation4
- CE marking: reference to Regulation (EC) No 765/20085
For more information please Contact Us or call 1 855 346-0444