Job Title: EMC Department – EMC Testing Technician
Description: Emissions & Immunity Testing for electronic/wireless products
Location: Delta/Richmond, BC (Canada)
Full time/Part time/Contract: Full-Time
LabTest Certification Inc. is a Canadian-based Testing, Certification, and Inspection Body with head office in Delta, BC (Canada), and additional locations in Richmond, BC (Canada), Toronto, ON (Canada), and Las Vegas, NV (USA).
We are currently looking for an individual, who likes challenges and is ‘hands-on’ and good with high tech equipment, to fulfill the full-time position of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Testing Technician, in the EMC Department. This position will be based out of our Delta/Richmond, B.C. lab locations.
In this role, you will be involved with ensuring that Electronic or Wireless products used in Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Medical, Military, and other environments, is compliant with the various EMC Emissions and Immunity standards as per FCC (USA), ISED (Canada), CE(Europe), MIL-STD, and many other standards/directives used around the world.
To learn more about LabTest and what we do, please visit our website at www.labtestcert.com.
If you have the following, you may be the person we are looking for!
- Education – Diploma/Certificate in the Electronics fields preferred
- Ability to use High-end lab equipment and testing tools such as Oscilloscopes or Spectrum Analyzers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
- Strong understanding of RF or EMC, and EMC equipment, such as Spectrum Analyzer
- Knowledge of compliance standards such as “FCC Part 15” or “IEC/EN 61000” series of standards
If hired, what will you be doing? Key duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Conduct testing according to test plan/instructions
- Maintain the EMC test equipment calibration or verification
- Read, interpret, and test to standards: IEC / CISPR / FCC / ISED / ANSI / EN / ETSI
- Prepare technical data and write test reports
- Complete general administrative work relevant to project management
- Assist in other Technical departments, as needed, such as Electrical, Environmental, Hazloc, and etc.
- Provide customer service and lab organization
If hired, what will you be receiving?
- Competitive wage
- 2 weeks vacation pay
- 3 paid sick days
- A comprehensive health benefits package with Canada Life (after 3-months probationary period) – if located in Canada
- Healthy Living Promotion Plan – $100 reimbursement each Quarter of the year to support healthy habits/lifestyle (starts after one year of employment)
- Complimentary company events
If hired, what will be the working conditions?
- Flexibility to work any 8-hour shift between 8 AM to 1 AM (overtime hours may be required)
- Reliable vehicle preferred
- Travelling may be required (valid passport needed)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Thank you for your interest in joining LabTest Certification.
It is an exciting time to be a part of our growing team!
Please forward your resume to HR@labtestcert.com – Subject line: 2020 Hiring – EMC Manager.