Job Title: Project Engineer – Hazardous Locations
Description: Certifications for Hazardous Locations products
Full time/Part time/Contract: Full-time
LabTest Certification Inc. is a Canadian-based Testing, Certification, and Inspection Body with head office in Delta, BC (Canada), and additional locations in Richmond, BC (Canada), and Las Vegas, NV (USA).
A well-established company with 20 years in the industry and locations worldwide is looking for an experienced Engineer to join our team.
We are currently looking for an individual, who likes challenges, to fulfill the full-time position as a Project Engineer in the Hazardous Locations – Electrical Department based in USA or Canada.
In this role, you will be involved with testing and certification for products used in potentially explosive (Ex) environments, such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Refineries, Paint Shops, Flour Mills, Gas Stations, and more. Some certification examples are Intrinsic Safety, Explosion-proof, and Increased Safety.
To learn more about LabTest and what we do, please visit our website at www.labtestcert.com.
If you have the following, you may be the person we are looking for!
- 3+ years of direct industry-related experience in the technical field
- 2-year Diploma in Electrical Technology or bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Ability to use and work with testing/measuring equipment and hand tools on a regular basis
- Technical mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
If hired, what will you be doing at LabTest?
As a Project Engineer, key duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Complete construction evaluations
- Read and evaluate electrical products to CSA/UL/IEC, ISO/EN standards and prepare test procedures
- Prepare test set-ups according to test procedures and conduct tests
- Prepare test reports (ExTRs, ATEX, Certification/Listing, Technical Reports etc.)
- Communicate with clients with reference to product evaluations
- Conduct factory inspections/assessments, as required (local and/or international)
- Conduct QAR & QAN Assessments and Manufacturing Factory Assessment
- Complete general administrative work relevant to projects
- Assist in other departments, as needed
- Provide customer service and lab organization
- Other duties as per required
If hired, what will you receive from LabTest?
- Competitive wage
- Health and Dental benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Team-based work environment
If hired, what will be the working conditions?
- Traveling may be required
- Valid passport needed
- Legally allowed to work in USA and/or Canada