Notice: Moving Forward with Amendments to the Energy Efficiency Regulations
This is to inform you that two key regulatory documents related to Canada’s Energy Efficiency Regulations have been published in the Canada Gazette, Part I. This is a significant milestone for Natural Resources Canada’s continued work under its Forward Regulatory Plan 2016-18 released in March 2016.
• The proposed Energy Efficiency Regulations, 2016 have been pre-published, along with a Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement.
• Pre-publication initiates a 75-day comment period, which will end on July 14, 2016.
• Natural Resources Canada welcomes formal, written comments at any point throughout the 75-day period and encourages stakeholders to submit comments as soon as possible to allow for early analysis of any potential changes to the proposal to address concerns.
• All comments will be taken into consideration in the development of the final Regulations that will be published in the Canada Gazette, Part II.
• The final publication date will depend on the number and nature of comments received during the comment period.
• A Notice of Intent has been published, initiating Natural Resources Canada’s process to develop the first in a subsequent series of amendments.
• The notice lists the product categories that will be subject to this process; outlines the next steps that will be taken to engage interested stakeholders; and provides the timeline targeted for pre-publication of a regulatory proposal.
• In the coming weeks, technical bulletins will be released to collect stakeholder views on the new requirements being considered for each of the product categories listed in the notice.
Stakeholders are encouraged to visit Natural Resources Canada’s website for more information on regulatory activities.
Director, Equipment Division
Office of Energy Efficiency
Natural Resources Canada
930 Carling Ave, Building 3, 1st Floor
Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0Y3