The BC Ministry of Energy and Mines (Ministry) is consulting on proposed amendments to the Energy Efficiency Standards Regulation (Amendment 6). The energy devices impacted by the proposed amendments are:
- General Service Lamps;
- Small Diameter Directional Lamps;
- Heat Pumps (Air Source, Split System);
- Natural Gas and Propane (Gas) Fireplaces; and
- Fenestration products.
The Ministry has published four regulatory impact statements and one bulletin for the proposed amendments which can be found here.
The publication of the regulatory impact statements and the bulletin initiates a 5-week comment period, which will end on November 4, 2016. The Ministry welcomes formal, written comments at any point throughout the 5-week period and encourages stakeholders to submit comments as soon as possible to allow for early analysis of any potential changes to the proposals. All comments will be taken into consideration.
Stakeholders are invited to participate in teleconference workshops for the proposed amendments on the following days and times (invitations with dial-in information to follow this email):
- General Service Lamps: Thursday, October 13, 9:30am-10:30am
- Small Diameter Directional Lamps: Thursday, October 13, 10:30am-11:30am
- Heat Pumps: Thursday,October 13, 1:00pm-2:30pm
- Gas Fireplaces: Thursday, October 13, 3:00pm-4:30pm
Please direct any comments or questions you have to the following regulatory leads:
Heat Pumps and Gas Fireplaces
Tom Berkhout, Senior Policy Advisor
General Services Lamp, Small Diameter Directional Lamps & Fenestration
Voytek Gretka, Energy Efficiency Standards Engineer