Job Title: Project Engineer – Hazardous Locations
Description: Certifications for Hazardous Locations products
Location: USA Southwest
Full time/Part time/Contract: Full-time
LabTest Certification Inc. is a Canadian-based Testing, Certification, and Inspection Body with head office in Delta, BC (Canada), and additional locations in Richmond, BC (Canada), and Las Vegas, NV (USA).
We are currently looking for an individual in the USA Southwest region, to fulfill the full-time position as a Project Engineer in the Hazardous Locations Equipment department.
In this role, you will be involved with testing and certification for products used in potentially explosive (Ex) environments, such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Refineries, Paint Shops, Flour Mills, Gas Stations, and more. Some certification examples are Intrinsic Safety, Explosion-proof, and Increased Safety.
To learn more about LabTest and what we do, please visit our website at www.labtestcert.com.
If you have the following, you may be the person we are looking for!
- Technical mindset
- 1 to 2 years of direct industry related experience in technical field
- Education: 2-year Diploma in Electrical Technology or Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to use and work with testing/measuring equipment and hand tools on a regular basis
- Knowledge of IECEx Scheme and ATEX Directive approvals
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
If hired, what will you be doing at LabTest?
As a Project Engineer, key duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Complete construction evaluations
- Read and evaluate electrical products to CSA/UL/IEC, ISO/EN standards and prepare test procedures
- Prepare test set-ups according to test procedures and conduct tests
- Prepare test reports (TRFs, CE, Certification/Listing, Technical Reports etc.)
- Communicate with clients with reference to product evaluations
- Conduct factory inspections/assessments, as required (local and/or international)
- Complete general administrative work relevant to projects
- Assist in other departments, as needed
- Provide customer service and lab organization
If hired, what will you receive from LabTest?
If hired, what will be the working conditions?
- Remote working (Home Office)
- Travelling required
- Valid passport needed