**Please note that this position is for a Tester in Building Materials and Environmental Testing LAB**
LabTest Certification Inc. is a Canadian-based Testing & Certification Body located in Delta, B.C.
We are currently looking for an individual, who likes challenges and considered to be a ‘hands-on, good with tools’ person and have basic technical knowledge, to fulfill the full-time position as a Tester in the Building Materials and Environmental Testing Department.
Testing performed under Building Materials Department includes but not limited to:
- Fenestration (Windows and Doors) physical testing;
- Flame Spread and Some Development characteristics under Fire Testing with in-house Steiner Tunnel;
- Through Penetration Products tested for Fire Ratings with in-house Small-scale Furnace;
- Mechanical tests (i.e. impact, proof load, tensile, compression, etc.).
- Testing performed under Environmental Department includes but not limited to:
- Vibration testing with in-house Electrodynamic Shaker;
- Temperature and Humidity testing in our Environmental chambers;
- IP Ratings;
- Altitude testing;
- Blowing Dust/Sand tests;
- Blowing Rain test;
- Accelerated Weathering (Aging) test;
- Solar and UV exposure;
- Salt Spray testing.
If you have the following, you may be the person we are looking for!
- Technical mindset
- 1 to 3 years of work experience in technical field preferred
- Education: Diploma/Certificate in a technical field is a plus (i.e. mechanical, gas, construction, etc.)
- Ability to use and work with testing/measuring equipment and hand tools on a regular basis
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs and ability to work on a 10-foot ladder (these work conditions are required intermittently, not on a daily basis)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
If you are hired, what will you be doing at LabTest?
As a Tester, key duties will include, but not limited to the following:
- Prepares test set-ups according to test procedures and conducts testing, as per work instructions and test data sheets provided by the Project Holder(s) in Environmental, Fenestration, Mechanical and Fire Testing lab
- Collects data during testing and reports them to the Project Holder(s)
- Completes general administrative work relevant to projects
- Researches and completes acquisition for materials, parts, components for test setups and lab supplies
- Assembles/Modifies/Improves testing apparatus and mounting fixtures related to all lab equipment
- Sets up plumbing/electrical/gas connections and setups for testing
- Provides maintenance work and repairs for testing equipment and/or testing apparatus
- Assists in other Technical departments, as needed (Gas, Plumbing, Solar, Electrical, HazLoc, etc.)
- Assists and maintains in-house lab organization
- Provides customer service
- Maintains the equipment calibration system and keeps database updated
- Keeps records for Shipping & Receiving products within the company
- Maintains Sample Tracking records (incoming for testing, outgoing to customers, disposing, etc.) by keeping the database up-to-date and creating labels for each individual sample
- General helper (running errands, when needed)
If you are hired, what will you receive from LabTest?
- Competitive wage
- Comprehensive benefits package (MSP coverage, Prescription & Dental coverage etc.)
- Healthy Promotion Plan – $100 reimbursement each Quarter of the year to support your healthy habit/lifestyle (starts after one year of employment)
If you are hired, what will be the working conditions?
- 8-hour work shift – 9am to 5pm or 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
- Valid Driver’s License and possession of a clean drivers abstract preferred
- Travelling will be required
- Reliable vehicle required
Thank you for your interests in LabTest.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com – Subject line: JF2019-TestBM&E