**Please note that this position is for EMC Tester in the EMC Department**
LabTest Certification Inc. is a Canadian-based Testing & Certification Body. Our Head Office is located in Delta, B.C.
We are currently looking for an individual, who likes challenges and is considered to be a ‘hands-on, good with high tech equipment to fulfill the full-time position of Electromagnetic Compliance (EMC) Tester in the EMC Department. This position will be based at our Delta/ Richmond, B.C. lab locations. If selected for this position, you will be involved with ensuring that Electronic or Wireless products, used in Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Medical, Military, and other environments, are compliant with the various EMC Emissions and Immunity standards, as required by FCC (USA), ISED (Canada), CE (Europe), MIL-STD, and many other regulations worldwide.
To learn more about LabTest and what we do, please visit our website at www.labtestcert.com.
If you have the following, you may be the person we are looking for!
- Education – Diploma/Certificate in the Electronics fields preferred
- 1 to 3 years of work experience in electronics design technical field preferred
- Ability to use high-end lab equipment and testing tools such as Oscilloscopes or Spectrum Analyzers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
- Strong understanding of RF or EMC and EMC equipment, such as Spectrum Analyzer
- Strong knowledge of compliance standards such as FCC Part 15 or IEC/EN 61000 series of standard
If you are hired, what will you be doing at LabTest?
As the Tester in the EMC Department, key duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Conducts testing according to test plan/instructions
- Maintains EMC test equipment calibration or verification
- Reads, interprets and tests to standards: IEC / CISPR / FCC / ISED / ANSI / EN / ETSI
- Prepares technical data and writes test reports
- Communicates with clients for test plan and results
- Completes general administrative work relevant to project management
- Assists in other Technical departments, as needed (Electrical, Environmental, Hazloc, etc.)
- Provides customer service and lab organization
If you are hired, what will you receive from LabTest?
- Competitive wage
- Comprehensive benefits package (MSP coverage, Extended health benefits with Great West Life)
- Healthy Living Promotion Plan – $100 reimbursement each Quarter of the year to support your healthy habit/lifestyle (starts after one year of employment)
If you are hired, what will be the working conditions?
- Flexibility to work any 8-hour shift between 8 AM to 1 AM (overtime hours may be required)
- Reliable vehicle preferred
- Travelling may be required
If you are hired, you can start:
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject line: JF2020-TestEMC