Job Title: Calibration Technologist/Account Manager
Description:To maintain the instrument, sensor, and equipment calibration.Develop and maintain an in–house calibration program for all internal items and develop and maintain an external calibration program for external clients.
Location: Delta, BC (Canada)
Full time/Part time/Contract: Full-Time
LabTest Certification Inc. is a Canadian-based Testing, Certification, and Inspection Body with head office in Delta, BC (Canada) and additional locations in Richmond, BC (Canada), Toronto ON, and Las Vegas, NV (USA).
We are currently looking for an individual, who likes challenges, to fulfill the full-time position of Calibration technologist/Sales in the Calibration Department. This position will be based out of our Delta, B.C. location.
To learn more about LabTest and what we do, please visit our website at https://www.labtestcert.com/
If you have the following, you may be the person we are looking for!
- 2-year Diploma in Electrical Technology
- 2-3 years experience in technical sales
- 2-3 years of experience in a calibration lab
- Technical mindset and self-motivated
- Experience in handling and operating instruments
- Ability to use and work with testing/measuring equipment and hand tools regularly
- Familiar with technical and calibration terms
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 17025 and/or ISO 9001 preferred)
- Proficiency in computer and MS Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
If hired, what will you be doing?
Key duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Build and develop external calibration business including – sales, invoicing, customer relations, etc.
- Liaison with customers in the design stage to ensure requirements are met.
- Provide technical guidance and training.
- Answer inquiries regarding standards and requirements.
- Provide customer service and lab organization
- Travel to and from client locales to pick up and return test units
- Conduct/record routine and non-routine calibration for instruments, tools, and equipment with approved P/O’s (in-house or external).
- Responsible for the maintenance, storage, assignment, and tracking of instruments, tools, and equipment with approved P/O’s (in-house or external).
- Conduct the labeling of instruments, tools, and equipment with approved P/O’s (in-house or external).
- Compile instrument records and provide analysis for the above.
- Identify the reasons for inconsistencies for the above.
- Improve calibration setups for efficiency for the above.
- Maintain accurate, orderly, and complete data for the above.
- Maintain and updates the calibration database for the above.
- Read and evaluate technical standards, prepare test procedures accordingly
- Coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensure all assignments are completed systematically on time and within budget.
- Prepare Technical Files, Reports, and summaries
- Complete general administrative work.
If hired, what will you be receiving?
- Competitive wage
- 2 weeks of vacation pay
- 3 paid sick days
- A comprehensive health benefits package with Canada Life (after 3-months probationary period)
- Healthy Living Promotion Plan – $100 reimbursement each Quarter of the year to support healthy habits/lifestyle (starts after one year of employment)
- Complimentary company events
If hired, what will be the working conditions?
- Monday to Friday (8 hours workday)
- Traveling may be required (valid passport needed)
- Working at the office
Thank you for your interest in joining LabTest Certification.
It is an exciting time to be a part of our growing team!
LabTest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Please forward your resume to HR@labtestcert.com – Subject line: 2021Hiring – Calibration Technologist/Account Manager .