Job Title: Electrical – Testing Technician
Description: Testing and Certification of electrical and electronic products for their conformance with national and international standards, to ensure they are not a hazard to public or the environment.
Location: Delta, BC (Canada)
Full time/Part time/Contract: Full-Time
LabTest Certification Inc. is a Canadian-based Testing, Certification, and Inspection Body with head office in Delta, BC (Canada) and additional locations in Richmond, BC (Canada) and Las Vegas, NV (USA).
We are currently looking for an individual, who likes challenges, to fulfill the full-time position of Electrical Testing Technician, in the Electrical Department. This position will be based out of our Delta, B.C. location.
In this role, you will be involved in testing electrical and electronic products, such as Household, Lighting, Medical, and Laboratory Equipment, to confirm compliance with the minimum requirements of industry-set standards.
To learn more about LabTest and what we do, please visit our website at https://www.labtestcert.com/
If you have the following, you may be the person we are looking for!
- Technical mindset and self motivated
- 1 to 2 years of direct industry related experience in the technical field
- Education: 2-year Diploma in Electrical Technology or Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to use and work with testing/measuring equipment and hand tools regularly
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
If hired, what will you be doing?
Key duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Identify the rationale for compliance or non-compliance. Formulate test plans. Maintain accurate, orderly, and complete test data. Identify reasons for inconsistencies between data and expected results.
- Provide technical guidance and answer inquiries regarding standards requirements.
- Coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensure all certification assignments are completed systematically on time and within budget.
- Perform witness testing at clients’ or third-party facility for certification
- Prepare Technical Files and Reports
- Help Improve test setups so that testing is carried out more effectively
- Evaluate electrical products to CSA/UL/ASME/EN standards and prepare test procedures
- Conduct factory inspection/assessments, as required, domestically and internationally
- Complete general administrative work relevant to the project
- Communicate with customers with reference to product evaluations
- Assist with lab organization to ensure safety measures are followed
- Maintain equipment database, as assigned
If hired, what will you be receiving?
- Competitive wage
- 2 weeks of vacation pay
- 3 paid sick days
- A comprehensive health benefits package with Canada Life (after 3-months probationary period)
- Healthy Living Promotion Plan – $100 reimbursement each Quarter of the year to support healthy habits/lifestyle (starts after one year of employment)
- Complimentary company events
If hired, what will be the working conditions?
- Monday to Friday (8 hours workday)
- Traveling may be required (valid passport needed)
- Working at the office
Thank you for your interest in joining LabTest Certification.
It is an exciting time to be a part of our growing team!
LabTest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Please forward your resume to HR@labtestcert.com – Subject line: 2020 Hiring – Electrical Test Technician -Electrical Department.