Job Title: Hazardous Locations Equipment – Department Manager
Description: Certifications for Hazardous Locations products
Location: Canada or USA
Full time/Part time/Contract: Full-time
LabTest Certification Inc. is a Canadian-based Testing, Certification, and Inspection Body with head office in Delta, BC (Canada), and additional locations in Richmond, BC (Canada), Toronto, ON (Canada), and Las Vegas, NV (USA).
We are currently looking for an individual who likes challenges, to fulfill the full-time position as the Manager of the Hazardous Locations (Ex) department.
In this role, you will lead the Hazardous Locations department, which involves testing and certification for products used in potentially explosive (Ex) environments, such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Refineries, Paint Shops, Flour Mills, Gas Stations, and more. Some certification examples are Intrinsic Safety, Explosion-proof, and Increased Safety.
To learn more about LabTest and what we do, please visit our website at www.labtestcert.com.
If you have the following, you may be the person we are looking for!
- Engineering experience in the testing/certification industry (minimum 7 years)
- Experience and knowledge of Hazardous Locations (Ex) Equipment approvals
- Experience with IEC 60079 series of standards
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent listening, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Business and customer minded
- Action-oriented and problem solver
- Team-oriented with good interpersonal skills and abilities to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must be self-motivated and client-service oriented
If hired, what will you be doing at LabTest?
Key duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Manage certification projects while ensuring compliance with all applicable safety requirements
- Ensure project completion within time frames and costs
- Evaluate products as per national/international standards (ex. North American, IECEx, and ATEX approvals)
- Develop business plans for existing and potential business opportunities
- Manage and coordinate technical staff
- Handle hiring for the department
- Resolve technical issues; Interpret standards; Develop test specifications, test plans, and test programs
- Perform factory assessments.
- Liaise with clients and regulatory bodies
- Develop and direct plans for the department’s growth
- Prepare technical reports (ExTRs, technical dossiers, and listing reports)
- Review and approve technical files and reports
- Conduct onsite testing at clients’, locally and internationally
- Provide training and guidance to new technical staff
- Report status of technical evaluation, testing, and inspections to the Certification department
- Participate in audits and accreditation assessments
- Work closely with Sales department to issue quotes
- Participate in technical committees
- Attend national and international standards development committees’ meetings
If hired, what will you receive from LabTest?
- Competitive wage
- 3 weeks vacation pay
- 5 paid sick days
- A comprehensive health benefits package with Canada Life (after 3-month probationary period) – if located in Canada
- Healthy Living Promotion Plan – $100 reimbursement each Quarter of the year to support healthy habits/lifestyle (starts after one year of employment)
If hired, what will be the working conditions?
- Monday to Friday (8 hours workday)
- Traveling may be required (valid passport needed)
- Working at office or remotely