Job Title: HR Manager
Description: Human Resources Department
Location: Delta, BC (Canada)
Full time/Part time/Contract: Full-time
LabTest Certification Inc. is a Canadian-based Testing, Certification, and Inspection Body with head office in Delta, BC (Canada), and additional locations in Richmond, BC (Canada), Toronto, ON (Canada), and Las Vegas, NV (USA).
We are currently looking for an individual, who likes challenges to fulfill the full-time position as the HR Manager for our Human Resources Department. This position is open for our Delta, BC location.
The role of the HR Manager includes tasks like handling and managing all human resources related items across the company (nationally and internationally). This position involves preparing human resources related policies, procedures, maintaining databases, hiring, onboarding, offboarding, discplinary action, and more. The qualified individual should be eager to learn and a self-motivated team player.
To learn more about LabTest and what we do, please visit our website at www.labtestcert.com.
If you have the following, you may be the person we are looking for!
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Social Science and/or Human Resources discipline
- CPHR Designation (working towards or successfully obtained)
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources related experience
- Knowledge of Human Resources practices
- Intermediate level of computer skills; efficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with team members and with Management
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
If hired, what will you be doing at LabTest?
Key duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Provides Human Resources related analysis and advices to Managers and President
- Trains Managers on areas of Human Resources that are deemed relevant to their position
- Writes human resources related policies and procedures as needed and required
- Participates in the development of company growth, restructure, changes
- Prepares human resources related documentation – employment letters, verification letters, travel letters, etc.
- Provides input and advice on disciplinary actions and occurrences
- Advices Managers and assists in the termination/offboarding of employees
- Verifies that all office, human resources, and business policies and procedures adhere with local employment laws
- Schedules training sessions as required
- Works collaboratively with other Managers to ensure employee training needs are met
- Collects training records, appraisals, and reviews
- Verifies qualifications of employees
- Provides compensation analytical reports to President re: turnover, salary, benefits
- Manages the recruitment program
- Handles the recruitment cycle (analyzes needs, posts job ads, reviews incoming resumes, schedules interviews, conducts reference checks)
- Handles the onboarding of new employees
- Attends recruitment related functions and events (job fairs, open houses, etc.)
- Supports the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee’s needs
- Advises on health and safety concerns
- Obtains injury and first aid reports
If hired, what will you receive from LabTest?
- Competitive wage
- Vacation pay & paid sick days
- A comprehensive health benefits package with Canada Life (after 3-months probationary period)
- Healthy Living Promotion Plan – $100 reimbursement each quarter of the year to support healthy habits/lifestyle (starts after one year of employment)
If hired, what will be the working conditions?
- Monday to Friday (8 hours workday)
- Traveling may be required
- Working at office or remotely