Job Title: Office Manager
Location: Delta, BC (Canada)
Full time/Part time/Contract: Full-time
LabTest Certification Inc. is a Canadian-based Testing, Inspection, and Certification Body with head office in Delta, BC (Canada), and additional locations in Richmond, BC (Canada), Toronto, ON (Canada), and Las Vegas, NV (USA).
A well-established company with 20 years in the industry and locations worldwide is looking for an experienced Office Manager to join our team.
In this role, you will oversee the day-to-day operations of our office and ensure that operations & procedures run smoothly. This includes maintaining the office conditions, welcoming visitors, answering phone calls, and providing general administrative support to our employees.
To learn more about LabTest and what we do, please visit our website at www.labtestcert.com.
If you have the following, you may be the person we are looking for!
- Three (3) years of office setting experience
- Previous experience as a Front Office Manager or Office Administrator (an asset)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
- Strong knowledge of computer programs (MS Office)
- Hands-on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines, printers, ph systems)
- Strong organizational skills
- Diploma/Certificate/Degree in Administrative/HR related field
If hired, what will you be doing at LabTest?
Key duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Answers the phone and directs the calls to the appropriate personnel
- Manages the Admin/HR team and personnel
- Resolves any office matters and issues
- Coordinates with IT department on all office equipment
- Covers for absences and short-staffed situations within the Admin/HR team
- Greets guests to the office in a professional and friendly manner
- Ensures guests sign in & out and receive a visitor’s pass
- Ensures meeting rooms, foyer area, and kitchen are clean and tidy
- Orders office supplies as needed
- Runs errands
- Assists the Operations Manager with day-to-day operations of the office
- Types and prepares documentation as requested by the Operations Manager
- Prepares any signage in and around the office as required
- Handles and distributes incoming mail
- Arranges shipping of samples and office items (equipment, tools, etc.) either online or by phone
- Completes any required documentation for the shipments (shipping labels, commercial invoices)
- Maintains and handles logistics arrangements (customs, clearances, issues, etc.)
If hired, what will you receive from LabTest?
- Competitive wage
- 5 paid sick days
- A comprehensive health benefits package with Canada Life (after 3-month probationary period)
- Healthy Promotion Plan – $100 reimbursement each Quarter of the year to support your healthy habit/lifestyle (starts after one year of employment)
If hired, what will be the working conditions?
- Monday to Friday (8 hours workday)
- Working at office