Job Title: Project Manager – Electrical
Description: Testing, Inspection, and Certification of Electrical Products
Location: Delta, British Columbia (Canada)
Full time/Part time/Contract: Full-time
LabTest Certification Inc. is a Canadian-based Testing, Inspection, and Certification Body with head office in Delta, BC (Canada), and additional locations in Richmond, BC (Canada), Toronto, ON (Canada), and Las Vegas, NV (USA).
A well-established company with 20 years in the industry and locations worldwide is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Electrical team.
In this role, you will be conducting testing, inspections, and certification for Electrical Products in accordance with national safety standards.
To learn more about LabTest and what we do, please visit our website at www.labtestcert.com.
If you have the following, you may be the person we are looking for!
- Experience in product testing, certification, or inspections.
- Designing and manufacturing electrical products to national safety standards and /or testing products to comply with national industry standards
- Practical knowledge and experience in electrical and related disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
If hired, what will you be doing at LabTest?
As a Project Manager, key duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducting product evaluations in accordance with national product safety standards (CSA, UL, IEC, etc.)
- Reading standards and evaluating electrical products to CSA, UL, IEC, EN, or other standards.
- Preparing test set-ups according to test procedures and conduct tests.
- Preparing test reports (TRFs, CE, Certification/Listing, Technical Reports, etc.) and work instructions.
- Communicating with clients, suppliers, and other departments as needed.
- Conducting factory inspection/assessments, as required (local and/or international may be requested).
- Perform witness testing at clients or third-party facility, if required
- Completing general administrative work relevant to the project.
- Build and develop new test set-ups including, but not limited to, test chambers and software.
- Managing projects timelines and resources, working to meet agreed deadlines.
- Assisting in other departments, as needed.
- Providing customer service and lab organization.
If hired, what will you receive from LabTest?
- Competitive wage
- Health and Dental benefits
- Team-based work environment
If hired, what will be the working conditions?
- 8 hours/day – may occasionally need to work out of office hours to attend functions and events.
- Travelling availability: Travelling may be required at times – local/international travel (valid passport preferred)