LabTest Certification Inc. is excited to pass along the news that the ICC/SRCC Solar Thermal Census Committee has completed their work on updating the current Solar Thermal standards: ICC 901/SRCC 100, ICC 900/SRCC 300, and ICC 902/PHTC 902/SRCC 400, including Test Methods in ISO 9806:2017, and each standard has been ANSI approved for publication.
The newly revised standards are now active and available on ICC/SRCC SOLAR THERMAL STANDARDS – Solar Rating & Certification Corporation (solar-rating.org). Due to the timing of the committee’s completion, these new revisions will be referenced in the upcoming 2021 ICC codes (IBC, IRC, IPC, IMC, and ISPSC).
A few changes to note for these new revisions:
- Requirements for substituting a PV module in a PVT assembly.
- Requirements for PVT fire testing
- Requirements for solar absorptivity and emissivity for solar air heating collectors
- Requirements for solar tracker components
- Requirements for relief valves for hot water supply systems
- Requirements for product labelling and manuals
ICC 901/SRCC 100: Solar Thermal Collector Standard
ICC 900/SRCC 300: Solar Thermal System Standard
ICC 902/PHTC 902/SRCC 400: Solar Pool and Spa Heating System Standard
UL 1703 / UL 61730
IS-STSC Solar Thermal Standards – ICC (iccsafe.org)