LabTest Certification Inc. offers High and Low Temperature tests and High and Low Humidity Tests to evaluate the effect of these environments on products expected to be used, stored or transported in environments above or below standard ambient conditions.
Depending on the standard, the product being tested and the expected environment, LabTest can offer a wide range of temperature test profiles including but not limited to:
- A fixed temperature for a set duration
- A profile with several temperature changes to simulate service use or to differentiate between storage and operational temperatures
- A cyclic test in which the temperature cycles repeatedly between two or more temperatures; typically between hot and cold.
- Temperature shock, in which a rapid change (or changes) between high and low temperature (typically in less than one minute) is performed.
Similarly to Temperature testing, many methods exist for Humidity Testing. Often these follow combined temperature/ humidity cycles, sometimes performed over a certain number of days or weeks.
In addition, functional tests can be performed during and/or after exposure to temperature, humidity or combined temperature/ humidity tests.
Many different Temperature and Humidity test methods are outlined within standards including but not limited to:
- DNV-CG-0339 and 46 USCG CFR 162.060-30
- IEC/EN 60945
- IEC 60068