Job Title: Director of Engineering
Description: Lead, maintain, and ensure that all functions for all Technical Departments operate effectively and efficiently, as LabTest embarks on the next phase of expansion and growth. Technical Departments include Electrical, Gas & Plumbing, Building Materials, EMC, Environmental, Solar, Hazardous Locations, and PPE.
Location: Canada or USA
Full time/Part-time/Contract: Full-time
LabTest Certification Inc. is a Canadian-based Testing, Certification, and Inspection Body with head office in Delta, BC (Canada), and additional locations in Richmond, BC (Canada), and Las Vegas, NV (USA).
We are currently looking for an individual, who likes challenges to fulfill the full-time position of Director of Engineering. This position is open for our locations in Canada or the USA.
The Director of engineering will lead multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams in a matrix structure to successfully deliver on objectives, as LabTest is entering the next phase of expansion and growth. You will act as a trusted advisor and partner, fostering strong relationships within all technical department managers, to collectively meet the priorities and needs of the business. Also, you will provide technical leadership on different engineering projects and actively participate in client relationship management, business development, reports, and technical analysis.
If you have the following, you may be the person we are looking for!
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering
- Professional Engineer
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Testing, Inspections and Certification (TIC) industry
Key leadership competencies:
- Strong communication
- Creative vision and strategy planning
- Conflict management
- Uphold integrity and respect
- Collaborate with all technical managers
- Promote innovation and guide change
- Decision making and achieve results
- Ability to inspire others
- Good persuading skills
- Time management
- Goal oriented
If hired, what will you be doing?
Key duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate activities related to technical department development
- Manage team of technical department managers to meet customer and LabTest requirements
- Resolve technical issues, interpret standards, and provide technical support to technical department managers
- Set processes and procedures for Technical department growth
- Overlook all Technical Departments for technical competence, efficiencies, and performance
- Meet budget and growth targets
- Develop and direct plans for the company growth
- Provide training and guidance to new employees on department policies and procedures
- Provide continual support and training to all Technical Department personnel, including Managers
- Foster and maintain relationships with existing LC clients
- Develop strategies for targeting new clients and specific projects for all technical departments
- Provide technical leadership and provide innovative and robust solutions based on the individual field of expertise and experience
- Provide technical support for all project phases, from planning and approval, to operation and closure
- Provide technical direction and oversight for the engineering department and development
- Financial insight and experience with budgets and P&L statements an asset
If hired, what will you be receiving?
- Competitive wage
- 3 weeks of vacation pay
- 3 paid sick days
- A comprehensive health benefits package with Canada Life (after 3-months probationary period) – is located in Canada
- Healthy Living Promotion Plan – $100 reimbursement each Quarter of the year to support healthy habits/lifestyle (starts after one year of employment)
- Complimentary company events
If hired, what will be the working conditions?
- Monday to Friday (8 hours workday)
- Traveling may be required (valid passport needed)
- Working at the office or remotely
Thank you for your interest in joining LabTest Certification.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
It is an exciting time to be a part of our growing team!
Please forward your resume to HR@labtestcert.com – Subject line: 2020 Hiring- Director of Engineering