Job Title: Electrical – Project Holder
Description: Evaluating, testing and certifying electrical and electronic products for their conformance with national and international standards to ensure they are not a hazard to public or the environment.
Location: Delta, BC (Canada)
Full time/Part time/Contract: Full-Time
LabTest Certification Inc. is a Canadian-based Testing, Certification, and Inspection Body with head office in Delta, BC (Canada), and additional locations in Richmond, BC (Canada) and Las Vegas, NV (USA).
We are currently looking for an individual, who likes challenges, to fulfill the full-time position of Project Holder in the Electrical Department. This position will be based out of our Delta B.C. location.
In this role, you will be involved with performing construction evaluation and testing electrical and electronic products, such as Household, Lighting, Medical, and Laboratory Equipment, to confirm compliance with the minimum requirements of industry-set standards.
To learn more about LabTest and what we do, please visit our website at https://www.labtestcert.com/
If you have the following, you may be the person we are looking for!
- 2 to 4 years of work experience in technical and/or electrical area of discipline
- Practical knowledge and experience in the electrical discipline
- Registered Engineer-in-Training or Professional Engineer in recognized Engineering Association (Province of British Columbia – APBEGBC), preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- High adaptability and ability to work under tight deadlines
If hired, what will you be doing?
Key duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Evaluate product design and construction and ensure the unit complies with the applicable standards;
- Identify the rationale for compliance or non-compliance.
- Formulate test plans. Maintain accurate, orderly, and complete test data. Identify reasons for inconsistencies between data and expected results.
- Provide technical guidance and answer inquiries regarding standards requirements.
- Coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensure all certification assignments are completed systematically on time and within budget.
- Perform witness testing at clients’ or third party facility for certification.
- Complete technical files, reports, administrative paperwork and any other relevant documentation.
- Help improve testing setups so that testing is carried out more effectively.
- Evaluate electrical products to CSA/UL/ASME/EN standards and prepare test procedures
- Conduct factory inspection/assessments, as required, both domestically and internationally
- Communicate with customers with reference to product evaluations
- Assist with lab organization to ensure safety measures are followed
- May participate in national technical committees
If hired, what will you be receiving?
- Competitive wage
- 2 weeks vacation pay
- 3 paid sick days
- A comprehensive health benefits package with Canada Life (after 3-months probationary period)
- Healthy Living Promotion Plan – $100 reimbursement each Quarter of the year to support healthy habits/lifestyle (starts after one year of employment)
- Complimentary company events
If hired, what will be the working conditions?
- Monday to Friday (8 hours workday)
- Traveling may be required (valid passport needed)
- Working at the office
Thank you for your interest in joining LabTest Certification.
It is an exciting time to be a part of our growing team!
LabTest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Please forward your resume to HR@labtestcert.com – Subject line: 2020 Hiring – Project Holder -Electrical Department.