Job Title: Project Engineer – Gas
Description: Inspection and Certification for Electrical Products
Location: Las Vegas, NV (USA)
Full time/Part time/Contract: Full-time
LabTest Certification Inc. is a Canadian-based Testing, Inspection, and Certification Body with head office in Delta, BC (Canada), and additional locations in Richmond, BC (Canada), Toronto, ON (Canada), and Las Vegas, NV (USA).
A well-established company with 20 years in the industry and locations worldwide is looking for an experienced Project Engineer for our Fuel Burning (Gas) department to join our team.
In this role, you will be conducting inspections and certifications for Fuel burning Products including, but not limited to, Gas appliances, in accordance with national safety standards. This position reports to the U.S. Operations Manager.
To learn more about LabTest and what we do, please visit our website at www.labtestcert.com.
If you have the following, you may be the person we are looking for!
- Experience in designing and manufacturing Gas and Fuel burning products to national safety standards and/or testing products to comply with national industry standards
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Technical/Mechanical Engineering
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use and work with testing/measuring equipment and hand tools on a regular basis
- Strong organizational and time management skills
If hired, what will you be doing at LabTest?
As a Project Engineer key duties will include but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducting engineer evaluations in accordance with national product safety
standards (CSA, UL, IEC, etc.)
- Reading standards and evaluating gas/fuel burning products to CSA, UL, IEC, ISO/EN standards and preparing test procedures
- Preparing test set-ups according to test procedures and conducting tests
- Preparing test reports (TRFs, CE, Certification/Listing Reports, etc.)
- Communicating with clients with reference to product evaluations
- Conduction factory inspection/assessments, as required (local and/or international)
- Completing general administrative work relevant to the project
- Manage projects effectively, ensuring quick turn-around time and delivery by the agreed deadline
- Assisting in other departments, as needed
- Providing customer service and lab organization
If hired, what will you receive from LabTest?
- Competitive wage
- A fixed stipend to cover medical costs
If hired, what will be the working conditions?
- 8 hours/day – may occasionally need to work out of office hours to attend functions and events
- Hybrid working conditions
- Travelling availability: Travelling may be required at times – local/international travel (valid passport preferred)