Amendment 15 to Canada’s Energy Efficiency Regulations now pre-published
Amendment 15 to Canada’s Energy Efficiency Regulations has now been pre-published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, representing a significant milestone for Natural Resources Canada’s continued work under its Forward Regulatory Plan for 2018-2020.
- Proposed amendments to the Energy Efficiency Regulations have been pre-published, along with a Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement.
- Pre-publication initiates a 70-day comment period, which will end on December 29, 2018.
- Natural Resources Canada welcomes formal, written comments to firstname.lastname@example.org at any point throughout the 70-day period and encourages stakeholders to submit comments as soon as possible to allow for early analysis of any potential changes to the proposal to address concerns.
- All comments will be taken into consideration in the development of the final Regulations that will be published in the Canada Gazette, Part II.
- Please note that some divisions of the Regulations that are being updated in Amendment 15 are also being modified by Amendment 14, which is expected to be published in the Canada Gazette, Part II on October 31, 2018.
- The final publication date will depend on the number and nature of comments received during the comment period.
Stakeholders are encouraged to visit Natural Resources Canada’s website for more information and to register for upcoming webinars on the proposed amendment to the Energy Efficiency Regulations.
Canada Gazette, Part I, Volume 152, Number 42: Regulations Amending the Energy Efficiency Regulations, 2016 (Amendment 15)